Sprinklers Stop Fire: Retail Unit, Glasgow

On 7th May 2014 a fire occurred in a mobile phone shop within a shopping centre on the outskirts of Glasgow. The alarm was raised very early in the morning when the shop was closed and unoccupied.

It was found that the fire had started in a first floor toilet, where a wall mounted notice had fallen on to an electric heater (which had been left switched on).

A single sprinkler head in the toilet operated and the fire was extinguished by the time the Fire Service gained access. The fire was prevented from spreading and fire damage was limited to a very small area around the heater.

It is understand the shop was closed for a short period due to the incident but otherwise the rest of the shopping centre was open and trading as normal without interruption.

Report courtesy of National Fire Sprinkler Network.

This entry was posted in Retail, Sprinkler Stop. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply